[FFmpeg-devel] [GOODY] Mutt macro for applying patches

Stefano Sabatini stefano.sabatini-lala at poste.it
Fri Mar 18 23:43:11 CET 2011

Hi all,

a little mutt macro which I find rather useful for applying patches
with few keystrokes:

folder-hook +inbox/ffmpeg-devel \
   'set my_git_dir=~/src/ffmpeg at videolan;\
    set my_git_patch=$my_git_dir/patches/tmp_mutt;\
    macro index,pager <esc>g \
       "<shell-escape>rm -f $my_git_patch<enter>\
        <enter-command>set mbox_type=mbox<enter>\
        <copy-message><bol><kill-line>$my_git_patch<enter>\
        <shell-escape>cd $my_git_dir; git co master; git am $my_git_patch<enter>" \
       "git-apply a git patch to FFmpeg"'

The:
set mbox_type=mbox<enter>

command is required since I'm using maildir, I thought that having one
mail per file was a good idea (but unfortunately makes the opening of
huge mailboxes crawls, e.g. if you have 10K mails like in my
ffmpeg-devel mailbox).

No warranties ;-)
--
FFmpeg = Foolish and Fierce Meaningful Peaceless Entertaining Guide