[FFmpeg-devel] FFmtech foundation meeting call

Martin Storsjö martin at martin.st
Mon Mar 21 11:01:40 CET 2011

On Sun, 20 Mar 2011, compn wrote:

> in an unrelated note. it has come to my attention that Martin Storsjo
> was motivated to fix an amr problem. lured by a sponsorship of the
> bug , he spent 4 hours tracking it down. but now that sponsor has
> dissapeared. i would like to ask ffmtech to compensate him if his
> sponsor does not. i think it would help keep motivation up, at least
> making 'all that work' not so worthless. sorry i dont have the bug
> report or patch links atm. this is my idea and martin sounds
> reluctant to ask himself.

The issue is seeking in .amr files, roundup issue 2593.

I haven't heard from the sponsor since 15th February, but I've grown tired
of waiting now, so I just submitted the patches at
http://lists.libav.org/pipermail/libav-devel/2011-March/000384.html, which
Benoit promptly has ok'd already :-) Hopefully they'll stick to their
earlier statements that they'd be ok with my consulting fee and actually
pay it, at some point...

The ironic thing is that if they hadn't tried to motivate people by
announcing a bounty, I might have just investigated anyway it and
submitted the fix much sooner.

Since the fix itself is really small (although it took a few hours to get
familiar with that aspect of lavf in order to find out what actually was
needed), I don't really have the nerve to try to claim some compensation
for this particular feature from the foundation. :-)

// Martin