[FFmpeg-devel] mt fork merged but currently disabled?

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Mar 26 13:35:32 CET 2011

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 12:32:57PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 05:31:10AM +0100, Gianluigi Tiesi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > by looking at libavcodec/pthreads.c
> >
> > in ff_thread_init
> >
> > I suspect something like:
> >
> > avctx->thread_count = thread_count;
> >
> > is missing, while instead is there in w32thread.c
> >
> > I've tried to add the line, and finally I get two decoding
> > threads when calling mplayer with lavdopts=threads=2
> > option
>
> no, see commits below:

This seems completely broken to me.
First, it seems to be an API change, that shouldn't just be done
in the middle without an major bump.
Next, it seems like an inconsistent mess now.
The ff_thread_init without threads and w32 threads now sets
that one but the pthreads one does not.
Maybe the assignment should be removed from those as well
and instead moved into avcodec_thread_init?