[FFmpeg-devel] RTSP / H264: Want to hire FFMpeg consultant

Tim Ouellette Tim at video-dynamics.com
Wed Mar 30 17:49:22 CEST 2011

I want to thank the community as a whole for the amount of outreach I
got in such a short period of time.  I received multiple direct emails
with many of the same questions and I have results to provide to others
to help diagnosis potential problems.

I have viewed the streams with other programs such as VLC to confirm
that the feed is good.

I am attaching multiple log files.
 1: VLC output log, VLC nearly works, I would say the picture and audio
are 85+% useable.  I do get blocking and audio "gritches" in the sound
every so often.  Hopefully this log will be of some use.  This single
VLC transaction not only decodes but also transcodes and rebroadcasts.

 2: This is the log a base build of ffmpeg (on Fedoraas performed by
myself.  As you can see it won't even try to read the stream because it
believes there is no valid start point for the stream.

 3: The next log is a precompiled ffmpeg for windows (an older version)
trying to do the same thing the unix one is doing

 4: lastly is ffmpeg using the precanned "-target dvd" which does
produce a video that is useable to some extent, it does still include
some blocking and/or scrambled frames.  This is what you can see the
macro block errors.  I believe this log may be the most helpful.

 After recording a test file I play the file locally with VLC then I
play it out using VLCs stream tool for a final verdict as to how it will
appear on the Amino, my final goal is to use ffserver to stream the
transcoded file in real time.

Thanks,

Tim