[FFmpeg-devel] Chunked request when using "-progress"

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Thu Dec 13 12:35:15 CET 2012

Le tridi 23 frimaire, an CCXXI, Вадим Лазовский a écrit :
> I have encountered a problem when using new "-progress" option.
> FFmpeg uses chunked request that is not supported by nginx up to the last
> version 1.3.9 released on 2012-11-27 (Feature: support for chunked transfer
> encoding while reading client request body).
> All other versions of nginx are unable to handle chunked input and respond
> with "411 Length Required".
>
> Is it possible to make ffmpeg do requests in a "traditional" way: not
> chunked, specifying Content-Length header?

Please direct this kind of questions to the users mailing list. If
necessary, it will be taken over on the devel mailing-list or bug tracker
once it has the necessary content.

Also, please try to be more clear about your problem: first, I do not see
any logical connection between the "-progress" options and the rest of your
message that seems to be about HTTP requests; second, I have no idea what
nginx is and its relevance for ffmpeg. Also, do not forget to post the full
and exact command line you tried, along with the full corresponding console
output.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George