[FFmpeg-devel] flag naming conventions?

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 10:47:09 CET 2013

On Mar 10, 2013, at 01:19, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> man suggests it returns hrtime_t which is int64_t

It doesn't say in what units that type represents time?
linux function?

> The reason you have to do a commit is that it makes
> pushing your patch to the repository significantly
> easier

I suppose it's mostly a choice made by the git developers, possibly with the idea in mind that one only commits a patch once it's in its definitive version. Of course I understand that one wants to commit and push at some time, I simply find it annoying one has to commit even to be able to create the initial, 'RFC' version of a patch, at a time one isn't actually ready to commit (at least not elsewhere than to the main branch).
I'll figure out how to get there, just a matter of ... time ... which I happen to have plenty of at the moment :-/

Time the only limiting factor? Agreed if you mean time individual developers can spend on an open source project ... for the rest I'd say it should be among the things NOT limited compared to proprietary/commercial projects!

R.