[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] ffmpeg/ffprobe commandline option to av_log_set_callback ?

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 18:47:05 CET 2013

On Mar 20, 2013, at 15:03, Hendrik Leppkes wrote:

> In short, you have to use CreateProcess instead of popen, but it can
> all be done.

Apparently not the way SS_Log uses named pipes. The log viewer creates the pipe and then waits on it, while the client (or clients as there can be several) use CallNamedPipe. That function apparently encapsulates a CreateFile, WriteFile, ReadFile, CloseHandle sequence. If I open an additional file HANDLE with CreateFile, to use as stderr, I basically preempt the connection to the log viewer.

In short, my initial assessment was correct: I'd need to add an av_log callback function that either calls the default logging callback, or formats and sends the message to the user-specified destination (file or named pipe).

R.