[FFmpeg-devel] I compile the latest ffmpeg version on git and errors when compile in atomic.c

James Almer jamrial at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 08:25:06 CET 2013

On 20/03/13 8:55 AM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 01:23:33AM -0300, James Almer wrote:
>> On 20/03/13 12:43 AM, Wei Gao wrote:
>>> Hi
>>> libavutil/atomic.c:101:2: error: #error "Threading is enabled, but there is
>>> no implementation of atomic operations available"
>>>
>>> my environment is mingw gcc version 4.6.2 (GCC)
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Best regards
>>
>> Run configure using --cpu=i686 or your computer's CPU.
>> That will fix it.
>
> If noone fixes mingw + threads + <i686 then please add a warning to
> configure so the user knows what happened and how he can workaround it

Adding something like

enabled_any w32threads os2threads && disabled_all sync_val_compare_and_swap machine_rw_barrier MemoryBarrier &&
                                     die "Something here"

to configure should be enough.
I'm however not sure what message to use for the die() call. Maybe something like "Atomic operations are not
available with the selected thread type and CPU target combination"?

Regards.