[FFmpeg-devel] [PULL REQUEST] Get updated tags from vorbis streams

Ben Boeckel mathstuf at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 04:14:32 CEST 2013

Hi,

Last week, I opened an RFE[1] to support OGG tag updates in the middle
of a stream. The commits are available on my GitHub fork[2].

In summary, the changes are:

  - Handle special packets in the middle of a vorbis stream (I'm using
    MPD)
  - Refresh all metadata in a packet when finding metadata in an ogg
    stream (to prevent inserting old data if it isn't updated by the new
    metadata)
  - Append tags together (if there are two PERFORMER tags, merge them
    together using a semicolon instead of replacing the first tag value
    with the second) (this isn't really 100% relevant to the branch, but
    while I'm in there...)
  - Add a new_metadata field to ogg streams so that they may pass
    updated metadata up to the main ogg decoder to add it as side data.
  - Fill in new metadata in the vorbis parser.

If any rebasing/commit rewording/splitting/merging/etc. is needed or
wanted, I'm happy to do so.

Thanks,

--Ben

[1]https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/3043