[FFmpeg-devel] Reduce to 1 trp file and convert into mkv

Carsten google Mail gorschten at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 05:26:21 CEST 2013

Hello. Burek from the forum said I should write you an email.

I am a newbi I am just a user not a developer.
My Edision satelite receiver stores the records as trp files. If the
complete movie is a file size of 3,5 GB the receiver will store it as
separate files  with a file size of 700Mb like:
Data00.trp
Data01.trp
Data02.trp
Now I am using a HTPC with xbmc and I want to watch the movies. XBMC does
not support playing trp files.
What I want is to first make one trp file and then convert it into mkv
format.
How can I do that? It should be very simple. If possible in one converting
process.
The video resolution can be different (also HD resolution) and the audio
format can be different too (stereo, DD5.1).
I can use ffmpeg on a ubuntu or a windows system.
Please help me. I am not sure about the rules but maybe I could pay for the
help. But I don't want to pay for a new software...

Best regards,

gorschten