[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg and OPW

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Fri Aug 1 03:16:31 CEST 2014

Hi all

OPW (Outreach Program for Women) is twice per year (compared to google
summer of code which is just once a year)

FFmpeg can participate in the next round but we need to fund at least
1 intern/student (6250 USD) for that. OPW is not run by a large
corporation with deep pockets.

Thus my mail here, if you are/represent a company or know one who does
and who uses and benefits from FFmpeg, and has the financial resources,
please consider to donate or ask/forward this mail.

Why should you donate?
Well the money will be used to fund a intern working on and improving
FFmpeg. (assuming there will be a intern who wants to work on FFmpeg
in OPW)
Maybe it will be a failure, maybe it will lead to some minor
improvments in FFmpeg, maybe it will majorly improve FFmpeg. And
maybe we gain a new long term contributor.
And improvments in FFmpeg again benefit you as company or user of
FFmpeg.

Also if you donate 6250$ to OPW for ffmpeg you get your logo at
https://gnome.org/opw/

Either way for FFmpeg to be part of the next OPW round
we need at least 1 payment commitment of 6250 USD by the end of August
at the latest

Please keep opw at ffmpeg.org in CC if you have questions or want to
donate.

PS: there are 2 ways to donate, one is directly to OPW/Gnome, this way
you get your logo at gnome.org/opw if you donate at least 6250USD
or through
https://co.clickandpledge.com/advanced/default.aspx?wid=56226
for smaller sums.

PS2: in case we get more than 6250$, on our SPI (clickandpledge)
account the additional funding may be used for future ffmpeg-OPW
rounds or things similar in spirit to OPW and GSOC.

Thanks!

-- Albert Einstein