[FFmpeg-devel] Reintroducing FFmpeg to Debian

Matthias Urlichs matthias at urlichs.de
Sun Aug 10 09:43:03 CEST 2014

Hi,

Andrew Kelley:
> It is unreasonable to expect no incompatible changes.

When somebody renames constants, a compatibility #ifdef or two is not too
much to ask, IMHO.

> Libav is making a more concentrated effort at improving this,
> and the evolving API is a side-effect of that.

That begs the question whether they're still essentially the same library,
i.e. whether it's at all reasonable to expect code built using FFmpeg to
work with libav. Consequently, Debian should at least include it, even
if it really _is_ too late to switch (which I'm not conviced of).

--
-- Matthias Urlichs