[FFmpeg-devel] Should add AVProbeData change to API changes + release notes

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Mon Aug 11 20:05:38 CEST 2014

Hello,
(sorry for being too lazy to send a patch)
With the major version bump AVProbeData was extended by a new field.
This so far has broken 3 places within FFmpeg and one within MPlayer,
where AVProbeData was only initialized field-by-field.
This will cause "random" crashes.
I'm at this point fairly certain a lot of other software will have the
same issue.
I suggest we make add a big note with the release that everyone should
check their software for uses of AVProbeData that might result in parts
of that struct not being initialized.

Reimar