[FFmpeg-devel] Invitation to VDD and registration

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Sat Aug 16 09:48:18 CEST 2014

On 16 Aug, Michael Niedermayer wrote :
> On Sat, Aug 16, 2014 at 03:48:53AM +0200, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:
> > On 16 Aug, Michael Niedermayer wrote :
> > > I had not intended to come to VDD and reading this
> > > https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2014/08/msg00478.html
> > >
> > > I definitively will not come to VDD, as it would just be wasted time,
> >
> > That's an easy excuse.
>
> Is it ?

Yes, it is.

As you might have seen, it's named VideoLAN Dev Days, not FFmpeg Dev
Days or libav Dev Days. As you know very well, many multimedia projects
came, from KDE to GNOME, to gst, to MPlayer! folks and people came from all
around the world. Also big companies that are using the core multimedia
libraries. And it's always gone well, without any incident.

Maybe you should ask yourself why isn't FFmpeg the center of the
community, and why aren't people coming to the FFmpeg dev days, while it's
probably 10x more used than VideoLAN software.
And maybe you will start growing up and change your attitude.

The multimedia community does not evolve only around your forks, and
everybody from the multimedia open source community is ashamed of the
situation and your attitudes...

The VideoLAN Dev Days is done for people to speak about what the magic
they are doing on a technical level for the multimedia open source
community; magic that is used all around the world, all the time. It's
also done for people to meet each other. It's not done for, and it's never
been focused on your childish fights.

Your email is insulting and your attitude is disgusting.

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734