[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] removing libmpcodecs for reuniting purposes.

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 03:26:28 CEST 2014

On 8/18/14, compn <tempn at mi.rr.com> wrote:
> libav brought up the point again that it doesnt like libmpcodecs.
>
> is there anyone using the remaining libmpcodecs filters ?
> most of the filters have been ported to libavfilter already.

They doesn't like Michael too.
They doesn't like that we merge their code.
They doesn't like that we use FFmpeg name and domain.
They doesn't like that we have more features.
They doesn't like that we have less bugs.

I don't think we should try to please them.

Anyway, the filters remains seems to be:

eq,eq2 - image equalizers, changes gamma, contrast, brightness, saturation

ilpack - interlaced yuv420-> yuv422 converter. Scale should be able to
do that too.

softpulldown - turns soft into hard telecine.

fspp,pp7,uspp - spp variants, faster, simpler and ultra