[FFmpeg-devel] Reintroducing FFmpeg to Debian

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Mon Aug 18 08:51:28 CEST 2014

On 08/17/2014 07:41 PM, Andreas Cadhalpun wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer already volunteered to help with all security
> related problems of FFmpeg in Debian.
> So what should he do to relieve the impact on the security and release
> teams?

Let's say he would take the role of patching stuff in Stable, there
would still be double work for the release team and security team for at
least:
- Checking the packages before upload of security fixes (that's security
team work), or upload of bugfixes to proposed-updates (that's the
release team)
- Making security announces

There's nothing Michael could do to reduce that work. However, as stated
before, uploading to Sid or Experimental could be done (if the SONAME
clash gets fixed), and I don't think anyone would oppose for more
contribution in Debian, especially with correct security support!

Thomas Goirand (zigo)