[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] removing libmpcodecs for reuniting purposes.

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 19:22:37 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 9:58 AM, Kieran Kunhya <kierank at obe.tv> wrote:

> > How is it different? If you're interlacing-aware and call
> swscale_convert()
> > twice (once for each field, double stride each, alternate offset for
> second
> > call), isn't that the same?
>
> That would be true in the 422 domain, yes. In 420, the chroma planes
> are offset and this has to be taken into account with weighted
> averages as ilpack does.

You mean the centerpoint chroma location (top-left, top-middle,
middle-middle, etc.) respective to the set of luma pixels? If that's all,
that's a mere few seconds to implement in swscale, correctly for all cases
(you just offset the start of the filter). You don't need special filters
just for that.

I bet Michael or me could do this in 15 minutes.

Ronald