[FFmpeg-devel] Reintroducing FFmpeg to Debian

Andreas Cadhalpun andreas.cadhalpun at googlemail.com
Sat Aug 23 12:42:12 CEST 2014

Hi,

On 17.08.2014 00:49, Andreas Cadhalpun wrote:
> I have now sent the pkg-config patches to the BTS [1].

I have found a simpler way to make it possible to link packages not
using pkg-config against FFmpeg in Debian:
The lib*-ffmpeg-dev packages now install symbolic links from the
standard lib*.so library names to the suffixed ones.
This makes it possible to use the normal linker flags, e.g. '-lavcodec',
to link against the FFmpeg libraries with '-ffmpeg' suffix.

Therefore I have closed the bugs with the pkg-config patches [1].

Thus, once FFmpeg is through NEW, most packages can just switch the
build-dependencies to be build against FFmpeg.

Best regards,
Andreas

1:
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=reintroducing-ffmpeg;users=andreas.cadhalpun@googlemail.com