[FFmpeg-devel] Configure with --cpu=host and Clang

yukari yakumo yukariin at yandex.ru
Mon Dec 14 16:11:00 CET 2015

Hi everyone!
I'm Gentoo Linux user and currently I play with Clang as default compiler.
And currently I tried to build ffmpeg 2.3.8 with Clang 3.7.0 and -march=native in C(XX)FLAGS (ffmpeg-2.3.8.ebuild automatically convert this to --cpu=host configure flag).
But I get `--cpu=host not supported with compiler clang` error on executing ./configure
It's seems like output of clang test compilation different from gcc output.
I make a little patch that you can fing in attachment that fix this issue. This is very similar to gcc check_native method.

Thanks!