[FFmpeg-devel] Vertical bands with RT21 (Intel Real Time Video 2.1) codec

Dave Yeo daveryeo at telus.net
Sat Dec 19 07:20:17 CET 2015

On 12/18/15 09:54 AM, Paul B Mahol wrote:

>> >I noticed this issue has been discussed as far back as in 2005 (see
>> >http://sourceforge.net/p/ffmpeg/bugs/310/), but using the slightly
>> >different terms "ghosting and shadow effects". In any case, it obviously
>> >still hasn't been fixed.
> No, this is different issue. Do you know a software that actually
> plays such videos correctly?

They play correctly using the builtin OS/2 video player, especially at
the preferred resolution, maybe 240x320. FFplay shows the colours as
washed out and the banding that is mentioned. If I enlarge the OS/2
window to the same size as the FFplay window, it looks somewhat staticy
with vertical lines of static but still much better then FFplay. MPlayer
plays at the correct resolution but has the same issues as FFplay,
banding and washed out colours.
Video for Windows didn't like the fact that I tried to install it on a
drive with over 2GBs free so didn't test under real hardware.
Dave