[FFmpeg-devel] phasing out asyntcs, resample

Nicolas George george at nsup.org
Tue Dec 22 17:03:15 CET 2015

Le duodi 2 nivôse, an CCXXIV, Rostislav Pehlivanov a écrit :
> Also, I think that it's better to just send a patch which removes them
> instead of only warning and then let the discussion go on there.

Agreed, but such a patch would need to have a documentation side, to explain
to users of the removed filters how to achieve the same results with the
preferred filters.

And of course, that requires checking that this is possible: checking that
all features of the removed filters are somehow available in the preferred
ones. If some are not, they need to be ported first.

This is not trivial work. But it would be useful, of course.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George