[FFmpeg-devel] Comments about patch

Mats Peterson matsp888 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 23 12:04:15 CET 2015

On 12/23/2015 11:55 AM, Clément Bœsch wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 11:54:28AM +0100, Mats Peterson wrote:
>> Clement, can you please repeat what you said. I don't know where the hell
>> your post went.
>>

> http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2015-December/185664.html

OK. Regarding being the sole author, well I'm the one who has made the
patch. I don't understand what you mean.

Regarding using ff_alloc_extradata(), it's not done at every place in
that file, that's why I thought it would be OK to use the "normal"
av_malloc().

I don't know what you mean by "a << 24" is undefined if a msb is set.
I'm doing exactly as it was done in mov.c before.

"Usually you have 0 for success", well in this case it's not about
success, I use "1" for having a palette, "0" for not having one.

Mats

--
Mats Peterson
http://matsp888.no-ip.org/~mats/