[FFmpeg-devel] SCTE-35 development

Anshul anshul.ffmpeg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 20:39:11 CET 2015

On 12/31/2014 07:13 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> So SCTE-35 is basically about segmenting a video timewise (primarely
> to mark Ads but not always) We already have a API to segment videos
> timewise, its AVFormatContext.chapters that may need some changes to
> handle incrementally added (and on the muxer side incrementally
> stored) data or we might even choose a different system entirely than
> that AVChapter array for such incrementally stored segments but i dont
> think data decoders with a completely opaque input and output are a
> reasonable API for communicating such temporal segmenting [...]
I have not looked at it yet, due to some disadvantage told me on irc,
sry but I have forgotten those disadvantage of chapters.
if any one here still believe that chapters approach will be better,  I
will look at it.

Though I have done some new implementation, it is out of avcodec folder.
I have tweaked slightly AVFormat public structure.

for details please review attached draft patch.

I would appreciate, if someone pinpoint architecture issue first.
I really get demoralized when I have to throw all my work after
considering all review comments.
then at last some architecture comments.

lots of memory leakage are still there, please ignore it for time being,
i am working on it.

follwing is the command which is also added in commit message to use
this patch
./ffmpeg_g -vsync 0 -copyts -i ~/test_videos/mpegwithscte35.ts
-hls_list_size 1000 -dcodec copy  tmp/some.m3u8

-Anshul