[FFmpeg-devel] Post-processing filter Documentation

Stefano Sabatini stefasab at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 09:42:03 CET 2015

On date Tuesday 2015-01-20 22:34:15 +0530, Arwa Arif encoded:

> > Still missing benchmarks and pp filter covering.
> >

> What is meant by pp filter covering?

I mean that there are no images obtained by applying pp (and uspp as
well).

> Do you want benchmark for each image? And by benchmark you mean runtime,
> right?

No, I think you should use a complete video as benchmark. You can show
the values in a separate dedicated section. For example you could use
a low-quality matrix_bench.mpg.

For example:
ffmpeg -i matrixbench_mpeg2.mpg -b:v 200k matrixbench_mpeg2-lq.mpg

ffmpeg -i matrixbench_mpeg2-lq.mpg -an -c:v rawvideo matrixbench_mpeg2-lq.rawvideo.nut
(the output is 2.8GiB here)

ffmpeg -benchmark -i matrixbench_mpeg2-lq.rawvideo.nut -vf PP -f null -

You should automate the lattest step, so that you run the command with
all the PP commands you want to test and automatically extract the
benchmark times.
--
FFmpeg = Funny and Freak Monstrous Problematic Extended Geisha