[FFmpeg-devel] extract mv data

Stevens, Christoph (Christoph) christoph.stevens at alcatel-lucent.com
Thu Jul 2 17:29:20 CEST 2015

Dear ;

I am trying to extract the mv data from an AVframe after calling avcodec_decode_video2 , and tried the following
Enabling the debug_mv as well as debug on the AVCodecContext resulted in the deprecated struct motion_val to stay empty 0x0
As well as an alternative approach via a call to av_frame_get_side_data , of which an example can be found in the /libavfilter/vf_codecView.h did result in an empty structure .

I wonder why the above stays empty or nill  , can anyone help me out
Thank you very much

Greetings Christoph