[FFmpeg-devel] extract mv data

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Jul 2 17:44:17 CEST 2015

On Thu, Jul 02, 2015 at 03:29:20PM +0000, Stevens, Christoph (Christoph) wrote:
> Dear ;
>
> I am trying to extract the mv data from an AVframe after calling avcodec_decode_video2 , and tried the following
> Enabling the debug_mv as well as debug on the AVCodecContext resulted in the deprecated struct motion_val to stay empty 0x0
> As well as an alternative approach via a call to av_frame_get_side_data , of which an example can be found in the /libavfilter/vf_codecView.h did result in an empty structure .
>
> I wonder why the above stays empty or nill  , can anyone help me out
> Thank you very much

what codec is used ? not all codecs support extracting MV data
also does it work with ffmpeg (the command line tool) ?

Frequently ignored answer#1 FFmpeg bugs should be sent to our bugtracker. User
questions about the command line tools should be sent to the ffmpeg-user ML.
And questions about how to use libav* should be sent to the libav-user ML.