[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg/MPlayer/rtmpdump possibly searching for a new server and hosting

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Wed Jul 15 02:46:39 CEST 2015

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 11:42:30PM +0100, Kieran Kunhya wrote:
> OVH has poor quality connectivity by the way - this could lead to
> performance issues in some countries.

Has anyone done some hoster connectivity comparissions /tests ?
it would be interresting to see what the differences are.

Also which hosters/providers does the community recommand?

> Why can't you use the server videolan offered?

short awnser, videolan has not offered a server.

longer awnser,
videolan IIUC would be willing to host some of our services
on their existing server but this would require a "quite a bit" of
work. videolan uses LXC we do not.
also videolan of course would have to agree to everything, its their
server of course ...

We already have our own dedicated servers, i just would like to
get better machines and without any FFmpeg developer having to
pay for them
I dont think we should give up having our own dedicated servers

Its not that you shouldnt use gotos but rather that you should write
readable code and code with gotos often but not always is less readable