[FFmpeg-devel] Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro 4K - Decklink - Problem to select RGB color space

Gonzalo Berdeal gonberdeal at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 18:58:07 CET 2015

Dear ffmpeg developers,

First of all, congrats for your incredible software.

I am using ffmpeg compiled with option Decklink and linked with Deckling
API to capture hdmi video. I have been using the Intensity Pro with
success. But l have just bought the new Intensity Pro 4K and I can not make
it work (however, it works fine with official desktop software).

I think the problem might be on the need of specifying the color space.
With the official software I have to select "Capture File Format" from
between:

AVI 8-bitYUV
AVI 10-bit YUV
AVI 10-bit RGB
AVI Motion JPEG
DPX 10-bit RGB

but with ffmpeg I can not find any option to specify color space. Option
"bm_v210" allows me to select between default (YUV 8-bit) and uyvy422 (YUV
10-bit), but I would need also "10-bit RGB" option.

Looking inside the source code (libavutil/avconfig.h) I have found
definitions of pix_fmt for RGB444. Could it be possible to add as an extra
option for ffmpeg when using Deckling devices the variable to support more
color spaces? Do you think this could fix the problem with the Intensity
Pro 4K?

Thank you very much in advance.
Best regards.

Gonzalo.