[FFmpeg-devel] Adding FATE tests for FFV1 - revisited

Peter B. pb at das-werkstatt.com
Tue Sep 1 21:54:33 CEST 2015

On 08/30/2015 09:32 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> probably, send patches
> and probably better few and small ones at once then wait and see
> in which direction reviewes go before spending too much time in some
> specific direction

For starters, I'd like to extract the FATE tests for FFV1 to its own
file: "tests/fate/ffv1.mak"
In order to keep the individual changes (=individual patches) minimal,
I've done the following:

1) Move existing FFV1 targets from "vcodec.mak" to "ffv1.mak".
2) Add "include tests/fate/ffv1.mak" in vcodec.mak where the targets
were previously.

Works.

But actually, I think it'd be best to change the FFV1 tests to match the
ones in "lossless-video.mak", using framecrc rather than the enc_dec
function used in "vcodec.mak".

Changing that however, makes it difficult to stick with the
auto-generated fate-vsynth% targets.
So I'd actually be doing a major rewrite of the existing tests - even
just keeping the ones that already exists.

What is your suggestion?

Thanks,
Pb