[FFmpeg-devel] [DECISION] Server "move"

Lou Logan lou at lrcd.com
Mon Sep 21 22:34:45 CEST 2015

On Mon, 21 Sep 2015 15:43:08 -0400, Ganesh Ajjanagadde wrote:

> By the way, I would also like to ask someone to put out the salient
> outcomes (relevant to the project) of the VDD15 discussion on the
> mailing list as a new thread. As it stands, I am completely in the
> dark as to what happened at VDD.

+1. Although I'm one of the server monkeys I am ignorant as to who was
present or what was discussed and decided at VDD regarding servers
other than a short paragraph from Kieran to root which was basically
repeated in this thread.

Also, requesting and coordinating the various server donations was no
small task (mostly done by Michael); both for us and some of the server
donators (especially Nikolay with Telepoint).

So, what's the plan? What are the pros/cons? What can Videolan offer?
Who is going to do the work? Michael already pointed out the basics of
the pre-VDD plan.

Lou