[FFmpeg-devel] [DECISION] Server "move"

tim nicholson nichot20 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 22 14:11:12 CEST 2015

On 21/09/15 20:44, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer <michaelni <at> gmx.at> writes:
>> This "decision" thingy, is intended to confirm that
>> * Stuff should be moved to the telepoint server, possibly duplicates
>>   should be left at/moved to the hetzner server for redundancy, if
>>   this is technically possible (maybe it should be called copy instead
>>   of move in that case)
> Copy sounds like a good idea to me.
> VDD15 again confirmed that nobody wants to do the work 
> necessary to move to videolan (which would also sound 
> ok to me).

Nobody, or nobody who was at VDD15? What work is necessary?

I would +1 Lou's comments, some of us who might be able to help are
still unsure of what happened at VDD15.

AIUI we would like 2 servers, and having accepted one offer, a server
has already been built and awaits commissioning. the second is still
undecided. Could that not be on Videolan? What are the issues?

Having accepted an offer which has led to those making that offer invest
time, effort, and presumably money, in setting something up. I would
imagine that they would be somewhat upset if we then turn round and say
we have changed our mind. Especially without a clear alternative.

It feels rather like we are going round in circles.

> Carl Eugen
> [..]

Key Fingerprint 38CF DB09 3ED0 F607 8B67 6CED 0C0B FC44 8B0B FC83

More information about the ffmpeg-devel mailing list