[FFmpeg-devel] [DECISION] Server "move"

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 20:08:14 CEST 2015


On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 7:55 PM, compn <tempn at mi.rr.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 14:21:22 +0200
> Clément Bœsch <u at pkh.me> wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 08:27:47PM +0100, Kieran Kunhya wrote:
> > > > This "decision" thingy, is intended to confirm that
> > > > * Stuff should be moved to the telepoint server, possibly
> > > > duplicates should be left at/moved to the hetzner server for
> > > > redundancy, if this is technically possible (maybe it should be
> > > > called copy instead of move in that case)
> > >
> > > As discussed at VDD15 and posted to the admin IRC and emailed to the
> > > root email address:
> > > It was agreed by a large group of developers that this should be put
> > > on hold and videolan remain a valid option.
> > >
> >
> > Well, to be completely honest, it was Ronald & you mainly, the rest
> > of the people in the room remained mostly silent, and it was about "a
> > random server in Hungary [or sth like this] no ones know anything
> > about".
> i agree with clement's assessment. i was the one who asked kieran to
> include root at ffmpeg when asking about hosting. i'm not even sure what
> their objections to bulgarian hosters were. aside from not knowing who
> they were.
> i'm not here to make trouble, i'm not the one doing the work. i dont
> care if we use videolan or bulgarian hoster.

So I'm one of the concerned ones. I prefer caution simply because we do
indeed not know them. Since other options exist (and are currently in use),
I don't see the rush in moving away from our current "safe state".

Kieran asked repeatedly if others were OK with this objection (where I was
indeed the only one going along with him) or if anyone objected explicitly
to such a statement (where there was complete silence - repeatedly).


More information about the ffmpeg-devel mailing list