[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Poll for the community

Clément Bœsch u at pkh.me
Fri Sep 25 10:41:44 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'd like to suggest a poll for the community in order to define some more
clear directions for the project. I plan to post the poll on the mailing
lists and IRC, people are free to forward them elsewhere.

If anyone has a suggestion for a free & simple online poll, I'm listening.
A poll system where people can pick the importance of each entry would be
perfect.

Here is the poll suggestion:

    Evaluate in the following list what is important and what isn't for
    you in the FFmpeg project:

    - More bug fixes (please [+] them in the bug tracker)
    - More test coverage to prevent regressions
    - More "simple" features (new demuxers, new options, ...)
    - More "advanced" features (high level API, scripting language
      binding, filters rethinking, ...)
    - More speed optimizations
    - Better releases (LTS, more backports, ...)
    - Overall cleanups (merge redundant decoders or dead/clumsy stuff)
    - More API changes
    - Less API changes
    - Better API documentation (please specify)
    - Better command line documentation (please specify)
    - Other (please specify)

I'd like to submit the poll by the end of next week. Comments on how to
improve this list are very welcome, as well as my initial request about a
poll system to use.

Regards,

--
Clément B.