[FFmpeg-devel] Avid DNxHR / UK DPP

John Warburton john at johnwarburton.net
Tue Jan 26 16:55:08 CET 2016

https://medium.com/@kierank_/reverse-engineering-the-gopro-cineform-codec-7411312bfe1c

> tl;dr The VC-5 document isn't enough to implement things in the
> real-world (like many useless SMPTE documents).

Thanks for letting me know. I read your reverse-engineering saga. At the
moment, the DPP workflow guidance is codec-agnostic and does not involve
delivery specifications. My influence is probably negligible (and I do not
speak for them at all) but I'll do my best to encourage delivery codecs for
which source code is readily available under an open licence and in FFmpeg
e.g. VC-2.