[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC 2016

Gerion Entrup gerion.entrup at flump.de
Wed Jan 27 23:32:26 CET 2016

On Mittwoch, 27. Januar 2016 12:56:32 CET Lou Logan wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 22:03:32 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > Is there anyone who wants to be (backup) admin for GSoC 2016 ?
> > also the GSoC page on the wiki needs to be put into shape for it
> >
> > Stefano, Reynaldo, you did it last year IIRC, are you available again ?
> > someone else ?
> >
> > we should ideally have at least 3 admins
> >
> > https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/timeline
>
> I'll consider it, but I'm not particularly excited about it.
>
> As for the wiki, perhaps a rolling, generic ProjectIdeas page would be
> easier to manage and keep up to date than copying stuff from
> year-to-year and various project-to-project. It can be considered to be
> the "git master branch" of the sponsored project ideas.
+1 . Unrelated to GSOC and other project, this makes some kind of TODO list public, but say at the same time:
"We know about some features, but this features are so complex, that it is unlikely, that someone implements it just for fun."
Such a page is a benefit for users, who want this features, to understand why they are missing. Maybe it reduces questions like:
"When will feature xy be available? Do you even know about it?"

> I occasionally
> think "that may make a good project", then forgetting because there is
> no central location, or if there is I'm ignorant of it.

Gerion