[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg 2.8.6 and others

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Sat Jan 30 02:28:21 CET 2016

On Sat, Jan 30, 2016 at 12:49:54AM +0100, Andreas Cadhalpun wrote:
> On 27.01.2016 23:20, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > ill make new point releases soon
> > if you want something backported, backport it now
> >
> > also should i add the concat/subfile_enable switch and have them
> > disabled by default or is it preferred to leave them as is?
>
> I'd rather have the protocol_whitelist backported, once it is ready.

if you backport it and fix all regressions that might cause, why
not

some issue may be apps which download m3u8 or sdp files playing
them locally but have them refer to remote addresses

also code of this complexity should be in master first for a while
and be used and bugs ironed out before its backported

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. -- Newton
For every man jailed for a minor crime, theres one person more that
will hate the government, some of them will become terrorists.