[FFmpeg-devel] IRC meeting

Felt, Patrick Patrick.Felt at echostar.com
Mon Jun 6 18:02:55 CEST 2016

On 6/4/16, 4:33 AM, "ffmpeg-devel on behalf of Michael Niedermayer" <ffmpeg-devel-bounces at ffmpeg.org on behalf of michael at niedermayer.cc> wrote:

>On Sat, Jun 04, 2016 at 10:30:32AM +0200, Piotr Bandurski wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The problem with this project is that it has not enough active developers. It looks like most of the devs swiched into "stand-by" mode or something
>> and sadly no new people are joining in to push development forward ;)
>
>There where new developers but i have the feeling many of them where
>treated rather hostile by the community until they decreased activity
>or disappeared examples are lukasz, ganesh and andreas
>but maybe iam misinterpreting things, iam much more a technical guy
>than a sozial one

I’m no star developer by any stretch of the imagination, nor was I treated poorly, but..  being a new guy in these parts, having come in right amidst all this excitement, has given me pause to question if I just stepped into a crazy minefield.

>but i have the hope that with the higherh awareness about hostilities
>we have now and less the CoC (its people not paper that makes a
>difference) this could be prevented and maybe undone in the future.

Personally.  I think this will make a bit of difference for a lot of people if it’s made well known.  Perhaps add a link to the ratified COC in the topic in the irc channel, and add it as required reading to the mailman subscribe?  (if that’s even possible; I’ve never administered mailman before).