[FFmpeg-devel] Add ARM64 NEON optimization for HEVC decoder about Fate test

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Tue May 10 22:24:24 CEST 2016

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 04:46:03PM +0800, 章军海 wrote:
> Hi Michael:
>

>          Sorry for long time no reply to this email, recently I own time to solve the error
> during fate test for ARM64 NEON optimization for HEVC decoder.
>

>          I have seen fate test document on https://ffmpeg.org/fate.html, but still don't
> know how to finish the test myself on my MAC with osx. Can you give me some guide
> for how to run fate test on my computer about ARM64 architectrue, should I install
> some virtual machine on my computer? or can I push the test job to the below on
> ffmpeg site.

how did you test the patchset you submitted ?
on arm64 hardware ?
please test the full fate testset on that hardware with your patchset
remember to setup a directory for the fate samples and run
make fate-rsync

if you tested your patchset under some emulator on x86-mac-osx you
should be able to test fate under the same

either way, if you explain what problem you have with testing the
patchset in fate, iam sure someone can help
iam not completely sure what problem you have though

Democracy is the form of government in which you can choose your dictator