[FFmpeg-devel] IRC meeting

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Thu May 19 11:14:35 CEST 2016

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 10:33:23PM +0200, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to propose to have an FFmpeg IRC meeting on
> the Saturday of the next week, Saturday May 28,
> UTC 17.
>
> Candidate topics of the day:

>  - Code of Conduct and policy around it

does this affect the current vote ?
i mean should we set the end date for the current vote before the
meeting to have some agreed basis to start from OR
should we wait for the meeting first, which could cause
delays in having any CoC, if we restart the process and do more rounds
of changes and comments, each requiring to wait to give people time
to comment before a final vote
what do people prefer ?

>  - technical development issues
>  - misc topics
>
> Feel free to propose other topics.

Iam not sure but
Ideas about encouraging people to work on bugs and especially
regressions.

FFmpeg funding/donations, whats the current status, can we fund some
developers to do important work, and if needed ideas to increase funds
& donations (i think its needed)

AVClass, I need to know if [3.1 - 4.0[ should have a AVClass in
AVCodecParameters or not, as its a question that must be awnsered
before the next release and cant be added afterwards

Let us carefully observe those good qualities wherein our enemies excel us
and endeavor to excel them, by avoiding what is faulty, and imitating what
is excellent in them. -- Plutarch