[FFmpeg-devel] trac antispam meassures

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Wed May 25 02:00:47 CEST 2016

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 11:36:53AM -0800, Lou Logan wrote:
> On Tue, May 24, 2016, at 10:13 AM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> >
> > So ive added a very basic pre registration page that asks 2 trivial
> > questions.
>
> This should help reduce the load on trac itself regarding the unending
> stream of bots attempting to register. This will make training the bayes
> easier because there will be less noise to sift through.
>

> As far as I can tell the spam that actually gets through is not usually
> from bots but from live criminal miscreants:

yes, the question though is do they know the project name
it certainly doesnt pay for them to do this just with one or even
a hundread websites. If it wasnt in our URL i would say they would
be out of the game too. As it is in the URL iam curious if these
2 questions will decrease human spam or not
also the live criminals might have automated some of their trac attack
procedure, that extra page might throw some off balance

Breaking DRM is a little like attempting to break through a door even
though the window is wide open and the only thing in the house is a bunch
of things you dont want and which you would get tomorrow for free anyway