[FFmpeg-devel] Ffmpeg with own filter

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu May 26 13:18:07 CEST 2016

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 16:11:58 +0300, Semen Zaytsev wrote:
> I defined my filter in those files, and i string about configure this
> filter in config.mak, I move content of vf_edgedetect.c to vf_foobar.c,
> defined in makefile and in allfilters.c, when i trying to use "ffmpeg -i
> http://samples.ffmpeg.org/image-samples/lena.pnm -vf foobar foobar.png".
> I'm receiving [AVFilterGraph @ 00000000003a8c40] No such filter:
> 'foobar' Error opening filters!

After integrating your source, run
./configure --list-filters
to see whether the filter of that name is found.

Then, re-run ./configure. When done, it will show you a summary of all
features it will build - binaries, formats, filters, ... Check that
list of filters first. Otherwise you need not even bother to build.

After running make, you can check the availability of the filter by
running
./ffmpeg -filters | grep foobar

Then tell us where along that chain of commands your filter got lost.

BTW, I consider this a question for the ffmpeg-users list, not
ffmpeg-devel. But it might also fit onto libav-user. Or none of the
three. ;-)

Moritz