[FFmpeg-devel] Debug builds and if (ARCH_...) linking issues

Ronald S. Bultje rsbultje at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 01:00:51 EEST 2017

Hi Aaron,

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 4:47 PM, Aaron Levinson <alevinsn at aracnet.com>
wrote:

> #if ARCH_AARCH64
>     if (ARCH_AARCH64)
>         return ff_get_cpu_flags_aarch64();
> #endif

If you add #if, at least replace the if with it. #if + if is redundant.

> Such a script could be reviewed and checked into the source base, then
> applied to the source base, and possibly reused in the future as necessary.

Why not use the script as a preprocessor during compilation? We did that
for pre-2013 MSVC compilation and that worked """fine""".

Or why not ask Microsoft to add a CLI option to cl.exe for enabling DCE but
otherwise disabling optimizations? All other compilers seem capable of
this, so it's odd to see that big Microsoft is incompetent whereas a bunch
of opensource hippies could do the same 10+ yrs ago.

I have no opinion on #if vs. if, but I generally prefer to keep things as
they are. I'll follow whatever the rest of the code uses, and right now we
use if+DCE so I'll continue to use that.

Ronald