[FFmpeg-devel] Implementation of Huffman codes for DCA encoder

Даниил Чередник dan.cherednik at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 17:00:50 EET 2017

Hi!.

Currently I am working on improvement quality of DTS encoder. Following
patches introduce Huffman coding.
First one - reverse data layout
[SUBBAND_SAMPLES][DCAENC_SUBBANDS][MAX_CHANNELS] to
[MAX_CHANNELS][DCAENC_SUBBANDS][SUBBAND_SAMPLES]. I need it to write
more readable code, and reduce (a bit) speed penalty.
Second one - Huffman coding for quantized audio data.

Results:

https://yadi.sk/d/rVtRuFZv37ZqYk - without huffman
https://yadi.sk/d/grTuitcu37ZqSS - with huffman

Speed degradation in my case approximately 20%.

--
Daniil Cherednik