[FFmpeg-devel] adding bluetooth aptX codec

Aurelien Jacobs aurel at gnuage.org
Mon Nov 6 02:20:55 EET 2017

On Mon, Nov 06, 2017 at 12:51:55AM +0100, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> > Here is the other codec I added for my bluetooth needs: aptX.
>
> Just curious:
> Could you comment on the quality?

Well, my ears aren't really good enough to make a real difference
between SBC and aptX. Also aptX is a quite simple and old codec,
so don't expect it to compete with Vorbis, AAC or any advanced
codec.
OTOH, aptX has one significant advantage in the context of
realtime streaming (ie. bluetooth A2DP): it is really low-latency.

--
Aurel