[FFmpeg-devel] ffmpeg for CentOS 7 tutorial is broken

Douglas Wire pupcostudios at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 02:16:22 EET 2017

This is using the procedure right off of the webpage tutorial and it does
not appear it even created an OPUS.pc anywhere.

BEGIN /tmp/ffconf.zdwwNVl9/test.c
    1    #include <lame/lame.h>
    2    #include <stdint.h>
    3    long check_lame_set_VBR_quality(void) { return (long)
lame_set_VBR_quality; }
    4    int main(void) { int ret = 0;
    5     ret |= ((intptr_t)check_lame_set_VBR_quality) & 0xFFFF;
    6    return ret; }
END /tmp/ffconf.zdwwNVl9/test.c
gcc -D_ISOC99_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=200112 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -I/root/ffmpeg_build/include
-std=c11 -fomit-frame-pointer -pthread -I/root/ffmpeg_build/include
-I/usr/include/freetype2 -c -o /tmp/ffconf.zdwwNVl9/test.o
/tmp/ffconf.zdwwNVl9/test.c
gcc -L/root/ffmpeg_build/lib -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,noexecstack -o
/tmp/ffconf.zdwwNVl9/test /tmp/ffconf.zdwwNVl9/test.o -lmp3lame -lpthread
require_pkg_config libopus opus opus_multistream.h
opus_multistream_decoder_create
check_pkg_config libopus opus opus_multistream.h
opus_multistream_decoder_create
test_pkg_config libopus opus opus_multistream.h
opus_multistream_decoder_create
pkg-config --exists --print-errors opus
Package opus was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `opus.pc'
No package 'opus' found
ERROR: opus not found using pkg-config

The reason I mentioned the tutorial is I thought whoever rights those might
wan to revisit their work as the one for CentOS 7 is incorrect. I think I
cn figure out how to compile as shared on my.