[FFmpeg-devel] Adding option B does not work

shailender Jain shailender_jain at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 23 16:41:45 EET 2017

Hello,

I am trying to ensure that a specific number of B Frames should be used by FFMPEG. I am running the following command

ffmpeg -i Rediff.mp4  -vstats_file stats.txt -c:v libx264 -bf 16  -crf 28 Rediff2.mp4

However, when i look at the stats.txt, i cannot see 16 B-Frames. Is there any way this can be done? I want to find a way by which i can enforce if a frame will be B-Frame or P-Frame or I-Frame. Is this feasible? If not, then please help me identify  the source code where i can update the code

Thanks

Shailender Jain

<mailto:aivshop at hotmail.com>??