[FFmpeg-devel] Confusion over temporal filters.

Richard Ling divetec at rling.com
Sun Sep 10 13:23:49 EEST 2017

Thanks Marton & Paul.
Flushing filter state after a seek makes good sense.  For my proposed
filter (video normalization, with auto gain control) flushing will give a
much more acceptable result than using unrelated frames.  For my use case
I'm only interested in transcoding complete files, so I always get the
exact expected result.  But maybe some time, the filter API could be
updated so that after a seek, a filter can request frames that are before
the seek position.
Thanks again for your answers.
R.