[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg 3.5 / 4.0

James Almer jamrial at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 16:33:32 EEST 2018

On 4/13/2018 9:59 AM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 10:17:51PM -0300, James Almer wrote:
>> On 4/12/2018 9:11 PM, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> [...]
>>>
>>> you want me to apply it ?
>>> or i misunderstand ?
>>
>> You confirmed it worked ("foo += bar" and "bar = 0" alike), so push
>> whichever you prefer, yes.
>
> do you have a link to your patch ?

I gave you https://pastebin.com/qt6wBHG8 on IRC the other day to test,
and you also tried a version using foo += bar instead of bar = 0. You
mentioned both seemed to work, so as i said just push whichever you
think is better, or just tell me which one to push if you're busy.

>>> of course removing the test is the easy solution.
>>> there is only 1 test for silencedetect, so that would remove not just
>>> one silencedetect test but all silencedetect tests
>>>
>>> The test currently uses a amrwb test file which is decoded with a
>>> non bitexact float decoder.
>>> has someone tried to replace this by bitexact input ?
>>
>> Do we have a relatively quiet sample using a bitexact codec like this
>> amrwb one? Or we could convert it to flac and upload it instead.
>
> random pick based on existing test:
> ffprobe -of compact=p=0 -show_entries frame=pkt_pts:frame_tags -bitexact -f lavfi amovie=fate-suite/lossless-audio/inside.tta,silencedetect=n=-34dB:d=.3

LGTM, it also generates a shorter output. Thanks.