[FFmpeg-devel] GSoC

Rostislav Pehlivanov atomnuker at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 02:42:51 EET 2018

On 25 February 2018 at 23:01, Stephan Holljes <klaxa1337 at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> seeing that people are already applying for projects, I think I should as
> well.
>
> My name is Stephan Holljes, on IRC I go by klaxa. Some may remember me
> from GSoC 2015 where I implemented the (how I later found out
> controversly debated) HTTP-Server API.
>
> Since someone else already applied for the DICOM project, which I
> would also like to do, maybe instead I could work on an ffserver
> replacement, since it has been dropped recently. Maybe some have
> already seen my mkv-server (https://github.com/klaxa/mkvserver_mk2/)
> which was mentioned a few times on the ML. I think it could serve as a
> starting point, since it already only uses the public API.
>
> I'd like to hear your thoughts.
>
> Best regards,
> Stephan

Sure, I think that would be great. Just think of some goals that you think
would be nice to work on for the summer. Stuff like usability improvements
(can't set the port without recompiling currently), feature improvements
(dash, audio streams without any video, video streams with very slow and
variable framerates, multicast) and so on. Stick what you think of on Trac.
I'm up to mentor you (though I don't suppose you'll need much of it). If
someone else asks about it I'll mention that there's already a promising
student working on it.