[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC]Use ptrdiff_t for linesize and stride

James Almer jamrial at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 05:41:10 EET 2018

On 1/12/2018 10:46 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Seeing 6e80079a it appears that the unstable period is not over yet.
> Vittorio posted a patch that introduces a temporary type to avoid
> breaking API, but that may not be relevant if the api currently
> unstable.

The ABI is what is in the unstable post bump period (Although that
should end soon), but the API never goes through such thing.
It's why the two years deprecation periods exist every time a public
symbol needs to be removed or some behavior changed, and why Vittorio's
patch implemented this by starting one.